Counting

Counting
"Counting", collage on board, 2010. The first image in the "Murphys in Griffintown" series.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bobbing for Apples

Working on these collages for Murphys in Griffintown is a lot like bobbing for apples.  Each day I dunk my head into a bucket of cold fresh water searching for the prize.  Everything around me is forgotten, the apple awaits!  I know if I stick my head in I'll get something.

"Gramma Guy's" is no ordinary apple.  It has been a struggle to the unknown.  Challenging.  Rewarding.  It is in some ways the best work I have ever done.  Scary to think that.

I finished it today!

I got a crisp Fuji apple.  My favourite!


Corner of Eleanor and Ottawa Streets in present day Griffintown.
Guy's corner store was located
where the empty lot is at bottom right.

1 comment:

  1. Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Griffintown montreal condo

    ReplyDelete